Nicotine Vaping Products
From 1 October 2021, consumers will require a prescription for all nicotine vaping products purchased in Australia or from overseas, including nicotine e-cigarettes, nicotine pods and liquid nicotine.
Available at Chemist Warehouse and selected independent pharmacies across Australia
Pharmacy’s dispensing allows for:
- TGO 110 compliance peace of mind
- Save money on freight costs from overseas
- Convenience buying it from their local pharmacy
- Time it takes to purchase and await goods through freight and customs Australia
- Products’ received in a better storage condition (better quality and longer shelf life)
Healthcare Professional Site Registration
Register to access the healthcare professional site – available to doctors, pharmacists and other healthcare professionals involved in the management of patients wishing to cease smoking.
Information For Consumers
Additional information for patients who have been prescribed zefir vape™ to assist with smoking cessation
Obtaining Nicotine Vaping Products Legally
Nicotine vaping products require a prescription written by an authorised doctor. There are two main ways to obtain prescribed nicotine vaping products:
- Filling your prescription at a pharmacy (either a physical community pharmacy or an Australian online pharmacy)
- Importing from overseas websites using the Personal Importation Scheme.
The flow chart illustrates the steps involved in legal access to nicotine e-cigarettes in Australia.
Watch this video to learn more about the changes and how you can legally access nicotine vaping products: